Just had to log this nugget. Exercise actually produces immediate changes to DNA. The amount of detail in this article is fascinating. Recording the epigenetic changes to muscle after exercise.
Learn more about the effect of physical inactivity on disease worldwide
- A Workout Can Change Your DNA NPR
- Exercise improves health through changes on DNA
- Regular Exercise Induces Changes in DNA
- Can exercise change your DNA? The nursing times explains a cell metabolism study results and interpretation.
- Physical Activity and DNA Methylation in Humans Overview of existing research on Exercise induced changes in DNA methylation Int J Mol Sci. 2021 Dec; 22(23): 12989.
- “Epigenome-wide association study of physical activity and physiological parameters in discordant monozygotic twins” by Glen E. Duncan, Ally Avery, Jennifer L. M. Thorson, Eric E. Nilsson, Daniel Beck and Michael K. Skinner, 23 November 2022, Scientific Reports.
DOI: 10.1038/s41598-022-24642-3 from Exercise Can Change the Very Molecules in the Human Body That Influence How Genes Behave