This year for me has been about injuries, their treating, rehabilitation and prevention. Thankfully I’m pretty much healed and now on the road back to full fitness but I couldn’t help but wish there were more simple and clear tools and advice out there to help prevent these injuries in the first place.
So I thought I’d start my own post. I have already shared a few articles on injury:
- Rehabilitating a sprained ankle
- Injury update: protection and active recovery (rest)
- Wrist Tendonitis A summary of the wrist injury I suffered in April
- Examining the wrist: A guide for sports physicians and physiotherapists by the British Journal of Sports medicine.
- Feel: Practice your handshake For rehab and prevention develop your feel and rely less on forcing the play or your shots.
- Competing when you are weakened Finding the positive life lessons out of an injury.
- What I’m learning from my injuries Lessons learned from the recovery process.
- Tossing The Tendonitis Myth – Why Tennis Elbow Is NOT Inflammatory Just Because It FEELS Inflamed Doesn’t Mean It Is